The Skin & Vein Center located in the Kansas City area understands the emotional, physical, and mental pain skin disorders inflict on our patients. These ailments cause irritating aches, itching, discoloring, rashes, dryness, inflammation, and more, which all interfere with daily life.
Skin disorders stem from a range of causes. Some common ones are:
- Hormonal imbalance
- High carbohydrate diet
- Food allergies
- Poor hygiene
- Lack of sleep
- Acute or chronic illness
- Low immunity and susceptibility to infections
We are here to help through the numerous services we offer to treat potential skin issues. Listed below are some common conditions and treatments, which will vary from patient to patient. Each condition has its own page where you can learn more about causes, treatments and symptoms.
- Acne: photodynamic therapy
- Eczema: topical creams, or oral antihistamines
- Rashes: creams, antihistamines, or lotions
- Rosacea: laser treatment, oral or topical medications
- Scabies: topical solutions, or oral medications
- Vitilgo: topical steroid therapy, psoralen and ultraviolet A therapy, or oral medication
- Nail disorders: antifungal or antibacterial medication, and topical treatment
- Psoriasis: topical treatments, oral medications or light therapy
- Dandruff: medicated shampoo, medication or scalp medicine
- Hair Loss and Baldness: the doctor will tailor a treatment plan to your specific situation
If you are seeking an escape from painful skin and vein conditions, contact the Skin & Vein Center today.